Sunday, October 2, 2011

Artstock




Ava loves art, and I love Friday Harbor.  That's how I got the idea that it would be fun to attend Artstock on the island, where galleries and studios would be open and artists would be at work.  So Ron and Ava and I set out early Saturday morning to catch the ferry.  I took a picture of Ava

and she took one of me!

The ferry ride was a big hit, probably the highlight of the day, at least for Ava.  (Maybe Ron, too.)





And some brilliant person came up with a great idea--puzzles on the ferry!


We explored the town, visited some art galleries (one complete with an artist at work, which Ava found fascinating!) and spent some time at Serendipity, an incredibly wonderful used bookstore.




We had lunch overlooking the harbor


Guess who took this one?
And then it was time to head back to the ferry....

Ava did a little steering


              and a little resting.              

Back in the car, heading home, but one more stop--the day wouldn't be complete without ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment